I would like to pass on my heartfelt appreciation and admiration to the brave firefighters who responded to a shed and tree fire early in the morning on Dec. 18 on 207A Street.
Our home is across the creek from where the fire was burning, and from our window the fire looked enormous and frightening.
I woke to sounds of loud crackling and explosions and was shocked to see 100foot flames shooting up the trees only yards away.
I was preparing to call 911 but could already hear the sirens - and within less than a minute, I could hear the firefighters arrive. It was very reassuring that, almost immediately, the fire (from what I could see from my perspective) was under control.
It was dark again, and I could see firefighters going through the bush with flashlights, to ensure they had covered everything off.
My deepest appreciation to those people who came so quickly at 3 a.m. and prevented any of the neighbouring homes and trees having damage.
Those folks do an amazing job!
Kathryn Baird, Maple Ridge