Exposure to asbestos fibres can cause cancer, and there's lots of asbestos around. When asbestos fibres are inhaled, a lot get stuck inside the human body, and over a period of 10 to 40 years, those stuck asbestos fibres can cause cancer.
What's important, as Morgan Jensen's column [Asbestos lives on with us, Oct. 11 Fix It Up, TIMES] states, is to try not to be exposed to asbestos fibres.
Also, I suggest, medical science should search for a way to cleanse asbestos fibres from inside the human body, to prevent cancer.
Larry Jung, Maple Ridge