The Anderson Park residence in Pitt Meadows was built in 1914 and was the first home to William James Park and his wife Mary Agnes McMynn.
City council voted to add the 98-year-old house to the Pitt Meadows Community Heritage Register.
The house holds heritage value as William Park was one of the founding members of Pitt Meadows and he held meetings in the house regarding the planning of the area.
The Park Anderson residence is at 12417 193B St. It is a one and one-half storey, wood-framed house, with a projecting front porch. The Parks gave the house to their daughter Hazel at the time of her marriage to Harry Anderson in 1938.
According to the City’s statement of significance, the original farmland around the residence has been subdivided, altering its original context, but the house remains a testimony to the foresight of the early settlers of Pitt Meadows.